Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April Happenings

I'm back to work on my game after a week of recuperating from the San Diego Classic.

Congrats to Monica Webb for her second straight win! Her steady improvement and will to win have always inspired me, and I am glad to see that those things pay off in the end.

On Monday, I started preparing for the 2009 BCAPL National 8-Ball Championships (May 8th-16th at the Riviera in Las Vegas.) When I lived in Oregon, I spent most of my time playing in bar table 8-Ball tournaments. I have always loved the game, but unfortunately I haven't played it much since I moved to New York. My game as a whole has improved substantially since 2001 so naturally my run-out power has increased, but last year in Vegas I had a little trouble balancing offense and defense to create my best chance at winning. Luckily, Skyline Billiards has a Diamond Smart Table, so I am going to make sure that I am super sharp come May.

I still have some 9-Ball events to prepare for before I head to Vegas. I will be playing this weekend in the JPNEWT tournament at Prime Time Billiards in Sayreville, NJ and next weekend in the Joss tournament at Comet Billiards is Parsippany, NJ.

Lots of work and fun ahead of me...

LIZ

No comments: