Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

WPBA Midwest Classic

I am here in Norman, Oklahoma for the WPBA Midwest Classic. I thought I would try something new, this time, and share my experiences here as the tournament goes on, with daily updates.

Since I am limited to 15 minutes at a time on the hotel computer, I will have to play it kind of fast and loose, so I appollogize in advance for the inevititable typoos.

So here I go:
I have been struggling with anxiety lately and it has been negatively affecting my attitude towards pool. I realized last week that I felt fear every time I came to the table. I had to remind myself that my anxiety was due to the fact that I was perceiving competitive situations as threats and not as opportunities to learn and enjoy myself.

Since I have addressed the source of my fears and given myself permission to be free from pressure, I have been enjoying the game again. I am really looking forward to this tournament as an opportunity to transcend my negative emotions and feel the joy that comes from playing without self-pressure.

Today is practice and the Player's meeting and tournament play starts tomorrow. I'll be back tonight for an update.

Also, I am thrilled to see that Thorsten Hohmann has started a blog and that he is sharing some of his training programs online. Very cool!

LIZ

2 comments:

Slippaaaa said...

Not to be outdone by Thorsten, I have started a training schedule for myself as well. If you'd like to see it, here it is:

Monday - Tell myself I stink
Tuesday - Same
Wednesday - Play pool, confirm supposition
Thursday - Pretend I hate pool
Friday - Take weekend off from telling myself I stink

I haven't seen Thorsten's yet, any similarities?

;)

Btw, great site, Liz! I'm very impressed!

- Steve

Liz Ford said...

Thanks for giving me a laugh, Stev-an. I have not forgotten about my "Steve is Brilliant" post, btw. I am going to work on it right now.