Pages

Monday, July 9, 2007

Total Immersion

For the last two months, I have given myself over to pool completely. I am unable to talk about anything else and I'm not happy unless I am playing. This is both good and bad. Good for my game, bad for my relationships with friends and family :(

Like most pool-players, I continue to have ups and downs in performance. The ups have included some strong finishes on the Blaze Pro-Am tour and also an exciting hill-hill WPBA match with a certain Blonde Brit. And the downs... what downs? I get to play pool all day, every day, so when I look closely at it there are no real downs.

Seeking some balance, my husband and I spent the weekend visiting my parents in Vermont. I got a chance to play at Van Phan Sports in Burlington, which is one of my all-time favorite poolhalls. Van is so super-cool that she even has her own beer: Van Phan Ale. She set up a game for me while I was there so that my family could watch me in action. I got to hit them around with (and rack for) Dave Fernandez, Vermont's #1 Player.


Me and Dave at Van Phan Sports in Burlington, VT


The vacation is over now and I am ready to get back to work!

LIZ

No comments: