Pages

Monday, March 26, 2007

Hard Work Works



This is the only picture I was able to find of myself at the 2007 WPBA Great Lakes Classic in Michigan City, Indiana. That's a posterior view of me at the table behind Megan Minerich.

I had a great tournament: I finished 17th-24th and beat one of the top eight players along the way.

The best part was that I knew my good play was the direct result of my hard work since the Carolina Classic. I have been putting time and effort, daily, into my mental preparation and I felt like a completely different player.

The super-duper-extra-bonus best part of this trip was that I volunteered to be bumped from my flight home in exchange for a $400 airline credit. When you're a broke poolplayer, free plane tickets are like winning the freaking lottery.

You never know with those snotty airlines, though. That credit might only be valid for travel within the state of Rhode Island. Or between the hours of 5 and 7 pm on February 29th.

No comments: