Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Most Days I Love My Job...

Not today. And not for the last three days.

About once a year, everything that can go wrong while traveling to a tournament, does.

It started on Saturday afternoon when I got food poisoning. Continued on Saturday night when my body and brain refused to work during my live stream match. Got even worse yesterday when I tried to go home but had to find a hotel when, after two hours of waiting for my delayed flight, I was too sick to stay upright.

It was a good call because my flight was eventually cancelled. I slept for twelve hours straight and tried again this morning - another flight cancelled. Back to the hotel - another few hours of sleep.

Here I am 20 hours later waiting for another delayed flight.

This traveling business is not for the faint of heart. Luckily, this sort of complete despondency has only hit me a handful of times. I just really want to go home :(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi... I just stumbled across your blog. I just want to remind you that you're 'human'... and for you to love your job MOST days is great. For you to somehow develop friendly, supportive relationships with even SOME of the 'competition' is wonderful. I've heard that constant travel really can 'get you down', so I'm sorry about that. I just want you to know that a stranger in New Orleans cares about your happiness. AND I wish you much success. See Ya'!

Liz Ford said...

Thanks, Hal! I am all too human :)